Solved: The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SimonGain

Intermittently when we open a pdf in the browser in one of our main Enterprise applications, we get the error "The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

Downloading and opening always works (however for our system this is a less than acceptable workaround).

The only common denominator we can find is that this is only happening in IE6 (no matter what version of adobe reader). IE7 always opens the pdfs fine, regardless of the reader version.

I've seen this mentioned all of the place, and it often mentions that it's some sort of problem with the pdf and that reader 8 handles it better.

Any solutions yet?

valis

chances are high that IE 6 just isn't playing well with adobe. Why are you using such an outdated browser, if I may ask? Tons of security issues there.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The only common denominator we can find is that this is only happening in IE6 (no matter what version of adobe reader). IE7 always opens the pdfs fine, regardless of the reader version.

I've seen this mentioned all of the place, and it often mentions that it's some sort of problem with the pdf and that reader 8 handles it better.
I'm assuming your computer is running Windows XP because you posted in that forum.

Why isn't it running IE8?

And why isn't it running Adobe Reader 10 or 11?

-----------------------------------------------------

vembutech

Banned
Update your browser and Adobe reader. Outdated browser always leads to your files in danger.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online