1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "The network did not assign a network address to the computer" error msg

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ibetyouluvthis, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ibetyouluvthis

ibetyouluvthis Thread Starter

Hellow!
    I need some help here!

I've just installed a Dynex wireless usb network adapter to my desktop pc, which was previously connect to my 2wire router via ethernet cable.
    Not that i've installed the USB network adapter, i've unplgged the ethernet cable and i'm unable to use the internet! Despite that i've installe the USB network adapter!

I recieved the follog errow msg in the taskbar
    ...."This problem occurs because the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

What should i do?

thanks

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

3. ibetyouluvthis

ibetyouluvthis Thread Starter

Thanks friend!
    I reinstalled the thing without the installation cd and im up n running good now!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/678906