Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: "The page failed to load" Control Panel > System

33K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  CJS23 
#1 ·
Hi

When I right click My Computer on Vista Start menu the page says "The page failed to load"

I enclose a screenshot of the error.

I was also get "the application has failed to start because WINBRAND.dll was not found" when running

SystemPropertiesAdvanced

From RUN

This has now been fixed by downloading WINBRAND.dll and copying it to c:\windows\system32

But "The page failed to load" still happens when right clicking My Computer and choosing properties.

I did a SFC / Scannow and something weird happened. The Command Window had an error (apologies - forgot to note which but will rerun in a moment) however the CBS Log File showed no errors and indicated SFC ran successfully.

I will post the results of SFC in a few moments

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Blue Screen of Death Now.Laptop is Asus X50GL

Windows Error Reporting Additional Information tells me . . . . .

Additional technical information

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. It is likely that the problem is being caused by one of the following computer components:

Random access memory (RAM)
System board
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Power supply

I have the Asus Recovery Disk but how reliable is the information after Blue Screen in suggesting hardware related BSOD?

Just ran Speed fan and temps of Cores 0 & 1 are 64 & 65 deg C. GPU is similar and ACPI says 74 deg C!!

#6 ·
Data has been backed up and trying to use ASUS Recovery DVD to reinstall.

Deleted partitions and filled HDD with Zero's before using DVD.

Blue screen again.

More Googling.

Changed BIOS options for Hard Drive from Enhanced to Compatible.

All seemed to go well until reboot then Blue Screen. As I type this an error has come on screen of laptop.

"explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

the procedure entry point PSGetPropertyKeyFromName could not be located in the dynamic link library PROPSYS.dll.

What the hell is going on? After using Recovery DVD I am asked for ASUS Drivers CD which I duly install.

I am going to try again but will NOT put in Driver's CD - I have all latest correct drivers on Flash Drive anyways.

Laptop ASUS X50GL Motherboard F5GL-AP0-62C

Grateful for any help.

Cleaned out Laptop by the way and temps now down to mid 50s C

#9 ·
JohnWill

By pure coincidence I noticed that Memtest was included on a Gnome Parted CD I've been using to delete partition before each (unsuccessful) recovery attempt.

It's the first time I've used it but it's got loads of Red failing addresses at the bottom. I was therefore amazed to read your post AFTER feeling quite clever for stumbling across the memtest diagnosis - lol!

So can the results be taken as authoritative? The laptop has 3GB RAM - assuming it's a 1GB + 2GB - will memtest be able to determine which component is failing?

Having tried so many other things - this would make perfect sense.

Incidentally - this would mean that there is no connection between Enhanced / Compatible SATA in BIOS, I would guess?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.