1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "The partition table does not have a valid system partition"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adeadguy, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adeadguy

adeadguy Thread Starter

**I took the easy way out and reinstalled, so this isn't exactly solved but I no longer need any help.**

After extending my win7 partition to the full hard drive I was unable to boot. "No boot filename received." When running setup repair "The partition table does not have a valid system partition" would be the problem, and it said it was fixed. But when I run repair again the same thing comes up.

After a little bit of googling I think the problem might be that I deleted a small partition set aside by windows with important files inside but I have no idea, if thats the problem, how to fix it.

I used gparted to resize the partition if it matters.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!