1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: The Properties for this item are not available

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PaiaDave, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PaiaDave

PaiaDave Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 32bit. This problem just showed up about one month ago. I have been running Win7 for two and a half months. When I start the computer and the computer finishes booting, the desktop has a small error window open with a message in the box saying: The properties for this item are not available. I don't know where to start to find the problem. In the upper left corner of the box it does say Desktop. I tried booting to safe mode and the error message is not there. I have a picture of the box captured by using the snipping tool. I can't get any information on the box by right or left clicking it. What should I try next to to stop this box from appearing? If I click ok the box goes away and as far as I can tell everything is fine. Also, I did a sfc /scannow and the report was all file accounted for. I have been reviewing logs but so far I have not found the error message listed. This message appears evertime I start or reboot the computer. No other times.
    Here is a picture of the message box:

http://cid-7635f8c3073be041.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ErrorMessage/Capture.JPG

Any suggestions to get rid of this message would be wonderful.

2. djmnyc

djmnyc

I actually have the same exact problem. I've had it for probably two months now, and I haven't been able to find anything on it. The laptop works perfectly fine after I dismiss the window, but it's just an annoyance to have the window pop up everytime I boot the pc.

Were you able to resolve the problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dan

3. PaiaDave

PaiaDave Thread Starter

I did find my problem. A guy over at freepctech.com suggested I check my startup folder and there it was. A leftover folder from removing a program. My startup was at C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    I hope you find it.

4. djmnyc

djmnyc

Thanks Dave!

That was it. Problem solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907973