1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: The Sims 2 PC video problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dustin_Broke, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dustin_Broke

Dustin_Broke Thread Starter

I been having this problem with The Sims 2 game only but for somereason everytime I play the game and if I' am in a home or viewing the town where the grass area suppose to be green it's black and then all of the sudden it would be green again. Then if I' am playing in a lot with the sims I get the weird skin texture like the fridge texture or hair or just black background on the grass area. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I did download the latest drivers from Sony like the video card driver and also I did download the latest windows updates and everything else. My video card is a Intel HD graphics card. My notebook is a Sony VPC-EB3QFX. I got this notebook last year few days before thanksgiving.

I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and also have even system recover the computer so it's like new again and reinstall all my programs and download all driver and windows updates but still have this problem. I heard some people have this same problem but they don't know how to fix it. I can only think that it's a driver issue but I have the latest from Sony already.

Video driver info

I have driver version: 8.15.10.2182

Driver was made on: 9/21/2010

System info:

Sony VPC-EB3QFX,
    Intel® Core™ i3 - 370M (2.40GHz)
    8GB DDR3/1066MHz
    320 GB 5400rpm, Serial ATA
    Realtek® High Definition Audio
    Intel® HD graphics, 1.7GB VRAM
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
    Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2. Dustin_Broke

I heard some people have this problem I have but they didn't know how to fix it. But if anyone knows how to fix it I would truely appreciate it. Btw I just have the base game of The Sims 2 without any expansion packs. I did already patch the game to the latest.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    The problem is that laptops are not generally used for gaming, and I would suspect the video card itself being the cause since you are losing your graphics like that. Especially if its using RAM to run

4. Dustin_Broke

Well I know that my notebook is fully working and it isn't defective since I tested the hardware and everything passed. This problem happened since the first time I got this new computer last year. This is a new computer basicly and it can even run Crysis perfectly fine and The Sims 3. So The Sims 2 should 100% be able to play well on this notebook. I get around 50 FPS for The Sims 2 and for The Sims 3 I get around 90 FPS and upto 110 FPS. For Crysis I get around 20 FPS and high as 37 FPS. For The Sims 3 and Crysis I have everything set to low settings and for The Sims 2 I set everything on highest and get around 50 FPS. It does at times get low around 20 FPS and it can go upto 120 FPS.

Basicly my point here is that my notebooks IGP performs like an entry level video card so it should play games fine. Intel did a good job on making the new Intel HD IGP since it really is alot better than the older Intel IGP they made before.

I can only think that it's the drivers since when it flickers that's when I see this black background thing. I heard people say that Intel doesn't do a good job on there drivers and have bugs so maybe that's what's the problem. Hopefuly Sony will update the video driver for my notebook so it will fix this problem.

I did report this problem to Sony techs but I don't know if they will work on it and make a new driver that's more updated.

5. Dustin_Broke

I did try to use the Intel drivers since they were more updated and this fixed the problem I actualy got around between 6-10 FPS more than before on all games.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Usually drivers are the main cause because it has to render the coding and such. Hopefully it will hold out for you :)

If this is solved, please mark it solved on the top left!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029295

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice