1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: The top part of my screen is on the bottom.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sky1726, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sky1726

Sky1726 Thread Starter

I have Windows XP and just went to IE7 a few weeks ago. I was checking my mail at yahoo last night when all of a sudden the computer screen changed. Now the top part of my screen is on the bottom under the time and that stuff. To be able to type in a url to go somewhere I have to move my mouse to the top of the page and then the mouse will show up at the bottom (where the top of the page is) Can anyone help with this? If I have to use the computer like this anymore I think It'll drive me crazy.

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

Try this :

Ctrl + Alt + up down arrows

See if that does the trick

joan

3. Sky1726

Sky1726 Thread Starter

Sorry about the late response.

I just tried that. When I press those buttons together it scrolls my page up and down.

4. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

can you post a screen shot for us

joan

5. Sky1726

Sky1726 Thread Starter

6. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

I still cant see what you mean, have you tried dragging the page to the top of the screen with your mouse? Put your mouse on the page you want to drag wait till it changes to an arrow and move the page up....... Not sure if that is what you mean or not

joan

7. Sky1726

Sky1726 Thread Starter

I messed around with the arrows and now have the URL box at the top.

Here's the most recent picture.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/Sky1726/IMG_0112.jpg

In the picture, right under the Start button there's a thick black line and then nothing. I did end up calling my mom about this though. She said it has happened to her before but she can't remember how she fixed it. It was because of something she pushed on the keyboard if that helps. I might just end up reinstalling windows if I can find the cd.

8. blkwlnt64

blkwlnt64

My suggestion is to power everything down and let it set for half an hour or hour.
    Then power everything up again and see what things look like.

9. managed

managed Allan

Can you try the PC with a different Monitor ?

10. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What is the resolution you have the screen set to?

11. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

What video card and monitor do you have?
    Some video cards have settings to control the position of the display on the monitor, as do most monitors. Usually these would just move the display off the edge of the screen, but yours may have a wrap around feature.

Go to Display Properties (right click the desktop, click properties) Settings tab. then click the advanced button. You'll have to check each tab/button to see if any options like that exist.

If could also be the monitor isn't quite syncing up with the signal the video card is putting out. You could try changing the monitor resolution in Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, Monitor tab. Set it one speed lower, ie if on 75Hz, try 72Hz. You could also try changing the Screen Resolution (Display Properties, Settings) one notch lower and then change it back.

12. Sky1726

Sky1726 Thread Starter

I powered the computer down for an hour and when I powered up it was still the same.

Nope. I only have the one monitor.

My screen resolution is set to 1024 by 768 pixels.

I went to the monitor settings and the only thing there to change was the Screen Refresh Rate. I changed that from 75Hz to 72Hz. Pressed Apply and it made the screen completey normal!!! Thank you so much! :)

Thanks to everyone that tried to help :)

13. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Glad we could help. Please mark this thread solved using the Thread Tools at the upper right of this thread (you are the only one who can)

Happy Holidays!

Jerry

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/660521