1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: The user profile service has failed my logon!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shinygirl, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shinygirl

shinygirl Thread Starter

Hi everyone, please help!!! I cannot log into my laptop under my username. I have an hp machine and use windows vista home premium. I was successfully logged on earlier in the day and i shut down as normal but when i started it up again later in the day and clicked on my username and enter my password i get the message "The User Profile Service has failed the logon. Page cannot be loaded". I have never seen this before and dont know what has happened. The other usernames on the laptop are working fine. My daughter can log on and im currently using the guest logon. However neither of these usernames need a password and i am the only administrator on the laptop. I cant reset my password either as i havent created a disc. Can this be fixed?

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. shinygirl

shinygirl Thread Starter

I tried to create a new username while in the guest account and while in my daughters account but it wont let me as none of them have administrator settings, is there another way to create a new account?

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

You need to be logged in as an administrator to create new accounts, You can then copy your profile to the new account.

On the logon page, try pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del twice, and then signing in as "Administrator" and using the password for the Administrator's account, or a blank if none was assigned.

If you have an XP CD, you might want to try running chkdsk /p from the Recovery Console first in case it is a simple disk error.

6. shinygirl

shinygirl Thread Starter

Thank you for your help guys!! The system restore worked! Couldnt have done it without you!

7. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

You are welcome shinygirl.

Welcome to TSGF.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/809120