1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "This copy of Windows is not genuine". BUT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MEbeME, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

Hi guys.

I purchased a brand new Asus laptop 7 months ago. I purchased it direct from Asus. It had 6 months warranty which expired in late December.

My copy of Vista Ultimate is 100% genuine from Asus. I had no trouble doing any of the updates always passing Genuine Advantage tests.

Then all of a sudden, last week I get the "This Copy of Windows is Not Genuine message". Whenever I turn on my computer it says to validate. And I have a watermark on my black desktop background telling me my copy is not genuine.

This is really irritating me as warranty just expired so if I get in contact with Asus they will blow me off.

What should I do?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Activate.

3. MEbeME

MEbeME Thread Starter

SOLVED: Lol i just needed the product key from the Windows Sticker on my laptop

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the button above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896017