1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: This device cannot start ( Code 10 )

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bosshogg151, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bosshogg151

bosshogg151 Thread Starter

I have a Latitude D830 laptop running XP Pro SP3. Just reinstalled the OS couple of days ago. ( wife did it for me ) I now have no audio at all, and pressing the button for the volume does nothing. The problem seems to be the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. The wife installed the drivers for it, and even used Driver Whiz to try and install them again in case something was corrupt on the CD. Still nothing. Not even system sounds. Any ideas?

2. vicks

vicks

When you go into device manager, is the sound controller listed there?
    Go here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to line 371 left side. I think this will help you.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Vicks

3. bosshogg151

It is in the device manager. It has a little round yellow thing with a " ! " in it.

4. vicks

vicks

"It is in the device manager. It has a little round yellow thing with a " ! " in it. "

Okay, go back into device manager, right click on it, select properties>remove (uninstall). Immediately reboot the computer and let Windows find and reinstall it.
    Vicks

5. bosshogg151

I went to the Dell Support page and I think I may have found the problem here. The problem now ( if think this is the problem ) is how do I uninstall the current driver so I can download the correct one? If I uninstall the device will that do it? Will the device still be there after I reboot after the uninstall? Thanks for any info.

6. bosshogg151

I got it working now. Thanks for the help. Marking " solved."

7. vicks

vicks

Glad you got it working....
    Vicks

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919044

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice