1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] This one is a doosy!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by snoopy49ers, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snoopy49ers

snoopy49ers Thread Starter

Ok guys, here is my dilema, I have a problems with the CD roms of one computer, I don't what else to do. Some called me saying they were having problems with their CD burner. I went to see what was wrong and saw that the CDRW was not detected by windows, also the additional CDROM, but in the Device manager it did see them, but with the yellow exclamation sing. it gave the code 19 - corrupted regestry. So i did what the troubleshooter told me to do. Uninstall, reinstall, change regestry permisions on the sub key LOCALMACHINE/SYSTEM/CONTROLSET\ENUM, and changed the permisions to the system and nothing. I have no idea what went wrong or what to do next.

also i tried installing an external usb cdrw and did the same thing to it, i know the external one works.

Any thoughts? i will really apreciate it.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Operating system?

3. snoopy49ers

A windows 2000 upgraded from 98. I had no choice in that, if it were up to me a would have done a clean install.

4. ~Candy~

Did you try booting in safemode and choosing the last good configuration?

5. snoopy49ers

yes and it still doesn't pick up either CDROM

6. ~Candy~

Are both drives on the secondary IDE channel? If so, did you double check the bios to be sure the secondary didn't become disabled? Perhaps in device manager you can remove the ide controller and allow windows to reinstall it.

7. snoopy49ers

Thanky acacandy for your help, but they were pressuring me to get i done, so i just made backup of all the data and reformatted and reinstall w2k. Now it works fine. Thanky again for your help

8. ~Candy~

I love format c: :D :D

probably the best thing.....get rid of a bunch of the user's garbage ;)

9. enforcer911

enforcer911

you thought you have problems.I got the same thing with my cd-rom.in fact.I tryed all my drives from E to z too see if I could get the D drive working to play music cd`s but nothing.plus I allso cant access my propertie assesabiltys on my keyboard setting.I cant check my toggle or sticky key functions..its like is frozzen.
    and the funny part is that I allso lost my USP controller.I cant find that either.I think I better find a win98 to reset this piece of junk.

win98.32mb ram.
    man I hate this pc.but it was free though...lol.
    I only had this old hp for 3 months.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice