1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thomson 585 V7 Router Ip blocking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sykylash, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sykylash

sykylash Thread Starter

I live in a shared house and one of the tenants, who is away for weeks at a time leaves his p2p sharing program running 24/7 eating every last bit of the bandwidth in the house. I have spoken to him on several occasions but to no avail.

I read about blocking the ip address of his computer but the instructions did not accomplish what I required.

I telnet into my router, log in with Admin and Pass

{Administrator}=>firewall
    {Administrator}[firewall]=>rule add
    chain = forward_level_Standard
    [index] =
    [name] =
    [clink] =
    [srcintf] =

this is as far as I have got as these were not included in the instructions I read previously, elsewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

2. sykylash

sykylash Thread Starter

ok i accomplished my end goal using mac filtering in telnet instead of trying to block the ip

wireless macacl add hwaddr=00:xx:xx:xx:xx permission=deny

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice