1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: thomson tg782t modem & router & printer connection problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cath6, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cath6

cath6 Thread Starter

I have installed new bigpond thomson tg782t broadband to my networked 3 computers that also connect with a sharp ar-m162 multifunction printer thru ethernet cables and router. When I try connecting the ADSL thru the new modem the printer goes off line and won't print. Operating system on all 3 computers is windows xp. Also sometimes the LAN operating system on the main computer running everything keeps flicking between connected and unplugged/ disconnected.
    Has any one got any ideas on how to fix this very annoying and time consuming problem. Much appreciated any help.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, this sure sounds like your Thompson modem/router is the problem, I suggest getting a replacement for that as a first step. The fact that it appears to be resetting suggests a hardware failure in the modem/router.

3. cath6

cath6 Thread Starter

Thanks, I will go get a new one and see if this fixes the problem. Again thanks for your time and knowledge!! Cathy

4. cath6

cath6 Thread Starter

This was the problem it would seem!! Thanks Again!!!

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Glad we could assist. ;)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/844246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice