1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thumb drive software begone

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hansmax, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

I recently bought a 2 GB Thumb drive (U3 from PQI). The software on it is driving me nuts. I have tried deleting it, formatting the drive, but it always comes back. Is there a trick, utility, or something out there to help me out? Any input would be appreciated.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Nope, the U3 part is not erasable.

3. Ratboy

Ratboy

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

I always remove that junk. Does anyone really use it? It's certainly more difficult to manage files with it than without it.

5. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

Thanks to all. The drive is now empty. I don't mind the disk space usage, but having that program pop up every time I plugged it in was annoying. And, come to think of it, I do mind the disk space usage. I apparently could have disabled it on this computer by altering the autorun status, but that doesn't help me on the next computer I plug it into. Thanks again.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Learn something every day. I didn't realize that you could uninstall the U3 capability. ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice