Solved: Thumb drive software begone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hansmax

I recently bought a 2 GB Thumb drive (U3 from PQI). The software on it is driving me nuts. I have tried deleting it, formatting the drive, but it always comes back. Is there a trick, utility, or something out there to help me out? Any input would be appreciated.

I always remove that junk. Does anyone really use it? It's certainly more difficult to manage files with it than without it.

hansmax

Thanks to all. The drive is now empty. I don't mind the disk space usage, but having that program pop up every time I plugged it in was annoying. And, come to think of it, I do mind the disk space usage. I apparently could have disabled it on this computer by altering the autorun status, but that doesn't help me on the next computer I plug it into. Thanks again.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Learn something every day. I didn't realize that you could uninstall the U3 capability. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online