1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thumbnail View Lost

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kokaik, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

Hi, I recently installed a program on my windows 2000 professional which changed all my jpg association. I am trying to revert it back so that it would thumbnail as before. How do I do this? at least thumbnail it automatically.

thanks.

2. Kento

Kento

Well the preview fix (#6 on the list) found here will fix it in windows 95, 98, and ME but i'm not sure about 2000 although i'll bet it'll work. If you download it first unzip it and then put the .reg file on your desktop and double click on it. You may want to first back up your registry just to be safe. You can add the info manually if you want. Open that .reg file in Notepad and it'll show you what to add. Open regedit and click the plus sign next to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and then scroll down to one of your file extensions that will preview such as .gif and add the same keys and values you see there to the .jpg extension.

In case you don't know, to reassociate your .jpg files right click on one while holding the shift key down and select 'Open With' on the menu. When the screen pops up scroll down and click once on either Explorer or IExplore (doesn't matter) to highlight it and then place a check in the little box where it says "always use this program etc..." and then click ok. Your pics should now open in a browser window. You can always change it to another program such as a photo editor using the same method.

[Edited by Kento on 03-20-2001 at 11:24 PM]

3. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

thanks kento,

it worked like a charm!! : ) makes me life so much easier!!!

4. Kento

Kento

Well you're welcome. So now we know that Plansdowne's magic .reg file works in all Windows systems. Coool!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/40270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice