1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thumbs!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by asuss06, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

hi. I'm getting a file entitled "thumbs" appearing in EVERY single folder on my computer. hundreds of them. if i delete any of them, it's back in seconds. what can i do to get rid of these "thumbs" files?
    thanx!

2. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Open a folder in windows explorer. Tools>Folder Options>View. Mark "Do not cache thumbnails." Click "Apply to all folders". For any folder you wish to see as thumbnails, you'll need to uncheck the "Do not cache thumbnails" or it will make for slow viewing.

3. zabusant

zabusant

Thumbs files are only there, so you can browse media files faster (the small picture that you see for every movie or image in a folder are stored there). When you delete it, windows just makes a new one - if you don't want this follow the advice in the above post.

4. asuss06

asuss06 Thread Starter

thanks so much! your suggestion worked perfectly. thanks again!

5. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

You can use the tread tools at the top of the screen to mark this "Solved".

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647640

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice