Solved: Thunderbird 2.0 issue adding new account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jthompsonjr

Ok this is really making me ill... I've tried everything I know to do.

Short version: I'm adding an email account to Thunderbird. (I already have 3 addresses set up with no issues-- and yes, I need them all for work).

The new account is giving me fits. It's imap, and the incoming server name (according to my contact at xxxx.org) should be email.xxxx.org. So I set it up, and when I try to log in it tries to connect me at [email protected] instead of [email protected].

Any ideas? Is this enough info?

TerryNet

Terry
By the way, while I have no reason to doubt your contact, my two IMAP accounts are imap.whatever and my two POP3 accounts are mail.whatever. Doesn't mean another one can't be email.whatever, but thought I'd mention that since you are having a problem.

jthompsonjr

Ugh.

I've worked on this for two hours.

I'm a complete tool.

I was using the wrong freaking password. TerryNet, I apologize for wasting your time.

TerryNet

Terry
No problem. Glad you found it. :) You can mark this Solved using the button at the upper left of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts