1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thunderbird 2.0 issue adding new account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jthompsonjr, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jthompsonjr

jthompsonjr Thread Starter

Ok this is really making me ill... I've tried everything I know to do.

Short version: I'm adding an email account to Thunderbird. (I already have 3 addresses set up with no issues-- and yes, I need them all for work).

The new account is giving me fits. It's imap, and the incoming server name (according to my contact at xxxx.org) should be email.xxxx.org. So I set it up, and when I try to log in it tries to connect me at [email protected] instead of [email protected].

Any ideas? Is this enough info?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Did you type that wrong? The way I read it the IMAP server is email.xxxx.org and that is where Thunderbird is going.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    By the way, while I have no reason to doubt your contact, my two IMAP accounts are imap.whatever and my two POP3 accounts are mail.whatever. Doesn't mean another one can't be email.whatever, but thought I'd mention that since you are having a problem.

4. jthompsonjr

jthompsonjr Thread Starter

Ugh.

I've worked on this for two hours.

I'm a complete tool.

I was using the wrong freaking password. TerryNet, I apologize for wasting your time.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    No problem. Glad you found it. :) You can mark this Solved using the button at the upper left of the page.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice