1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thunderbird to Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by exceller, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

Running Win 7, using Thunderbird and in process of setting up Outlook 2003.

I want to move all my current Inbox and Sent files from Thunderbird over to Outlook.

Reading various pages on Google, I'm suppose to find my msf files etc. I cannot find these files/folders.

Any simple way of going this. ??

Also besides copying my address book one by one. Any way of moving the address book as a block to Outlook. ??

thanks

"Note, reason for doing this:- Thunderbird is so slow in starting from the task bar and receiving/opening my emails from my email server, yet testing outlook this fast compared to thunderbird."

2. 2BInformed

2BInformed Banned

Hi! One good place to look for answers would be at the following site. Look under Thunderbird and post there for some great help since they are very familiar with Firefox and Thunderbird issues! http://forums.mozillazine.org/

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Moving your messages from Thunderbird to Outlook needs to be done in stages.
    Simplest is to convert them to EML files (the new versions of TB allow for drag and drop to Windows Explorer folders, so that's fairly simple).
    Import the EML's into Windows Live mail.
    Import the WLM database into Outlook.

Contacts should be Exported from TB to a CSV file and then the CSV can be Imported into Outlook after remapping the fields. Again, you might want to do it through WLM first.

Now, that said, are you sure you wouldn't rather try speeding up TB before changing clients?
    The single most common cause for slowness is overloaded mail files. A good cleaning, compacting, and archiving can do wonders. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097796