1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Thunderbird won't receive emails from my Yahoo mail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DannyQ, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DannyQ

DannyQ Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for taking the time to view this post, i just hope someone can help.

I have recently had to reinstall my Op system (WinXP) and i have now noticed that i cant send emails via Thunderbird (n) , but i can still receive (y)

I think i have setup Thunderbird correctly, i followed the instructions found on the Yahoo, Options, Pop3 Forwarding config webpage. Whenever i try to send a email i get the following error message from Thunderbird

Sending of message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to the SMTP server smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again.

It looks like to me that the SMTP setting is incorrect but i've triple checked it. A friend of mine is also having the same problem on the same setup as me so it leads me to believe that its something to so with yahoo.co.uk mail accounts.

Any advice will be much appreciated - please let me know if you need any other details.

2. bozz

bozz

3. DannyQ

DannyQ Thread Starter

Cheers bozz. Will give this a go when i get home.

4. DannyQ

DannyQ Thread Starter

Thanks bozz it's now working fine.

5. bozz

bozz

Glad to help out.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/717757

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice