1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Time/Clock Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by adamblacky, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adamblacky

adamblacky Thread Starter

Just uprgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate with no problems at all...
    ...apart from that when I load 'Chrome Bird' (a twitter app for Chrome), all the posts are 8 hours out e.g. a post that has just been made says it was posted 8 hours ago. The problem has gone onto my iPhone aswell, as now my facebook and twitter apps do the same with the 8 hour time difference!

I know it may seem trivial, but any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Adam

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    whats the clock set to on your PC

3. unbidden

unbidden

All I can think of is be sure your time settings and location haven't changed on your pc.

4. adamblacky

Clock is showing the correct time!

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I know windows 7 can show multiple time zones at the same time - a neighbour of mine, who i'm "helping" has two time zones when he clicks on the clock in the system bar - I wonder if thats active on your PC and picking the wrong time

have a read here about iphone showing incorrect time after syncing although the PC clock is correct
    http://www.technipages.com/ipod-touchiphone-3g-shows-wrong-time-after-syncing.html

6. adamblacky

Solved it!

The time on my PC was correct but was set to -8 Hours at the same time, so i just changed it back to normal. I didn't look at this straight as I saw it showing the right time, therefore presumed it was the correct time zone.

Thanks for your help!

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y) you can now marked the thread solved - button at the top of your first post

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!