1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ in Socket 1156 Mobo?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chazshep, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chazshep

chazshep Thread Starter

Hey, back in '09 I had an ASUS P5Q3 with a Titan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ cooling an Intel E8500, did the job amazingly, the fitting was relatively easy, install backplate, install mounting stands, then place the giant on using the bracket and put on the knobs, easy job. But now I have an ASUS P7P55D PRO motherboard and its 1156 with an i5 750 (Great btw). Titan recently update the Fenrir by releasing it with an 1156 bracket, that's cool, but there is no backplate for the 1156? The bracket can be bought separately, but there is no backplate sold? I know its possible to mount it without a backplate by just using the mounting stand screwed through the mobo, but surely the heatsink's weight might tear the socket from the board? I want to know your thoughts on whether it would be safe to mount it with no backplate.

2. chazshep

chazshep Thread Starter

bump in desperate need.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    From what I've read it doesn't have or require a backplate, it simply screws together.

4. chazshep

chazshep Thread Starter

So you think the motherboard will support the heatsink by its own? With no risk of bending?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. chazshep

chazshep Thread Starter

Would it be plausible to use another companies backplate, because they don't really differ much because they all have the same hole distance. Correct?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Possibly, but why. If thats the design then I'm sure its been tested and verified as being fine.

8. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

What I can understand from chaz is that his titan fenrir was made for a socket 775 motherboard. He doesnt have a 1156 cpu braket but titan have started selling their new fenrir (same make and model) with a 1156 braket. He can't get hold of one.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I believe he has or can get the bracket as thats available readily, its about a back plate that he has a question, and there is no backplate available.

10. chazshep

chazshep Thread Starter

Well Jack, as I told you at school, I had one coming in the post, but City Link ("C" should be "Sh") had to wait till today to deliver because they HAVE to have a signature not a note with a signature like most (saying where to put it). Anyway, I put it in according to the instructions that came with it. And it was a success, the new temps with the new overclock, 191Mhz x 21.

Attached Files:

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Glad to hear it works fine.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/909721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice