Solved: to all musicians

mongaloid

well, how ya doin, i go by mongaloid, as you can tell, i consider myself to be a musician, and it has come to my attention that our lovely government is basically trying to shut down the musical sites on the web that provide tabs, now personally, im not sure how i feel, the way i see it, it could be a good thing, or it could be a bad thing, i dont know..it would be good as far as producing a better quality of musicians now a days, the way i learned how to play, was by ear, some however choose to go other routes, for example tabs..now, my opinion is based sparingly on a comment my teacher told me, he is in a band in birmingham alabama, they play old rock, real rock, like Bad Company, Free, Led Zepplin, you get the drift, well, one time they were looking for a lead guitarist, and they found someone, he was good, but he used tabs for everything, he could hardly play by ear, well, he made the comment while listening to a Led Zepplin song, and he said...damn, was everyone back then a musical genious, and my instructor replied ...no...they just learned how to play their instruments right, and they werent lazy, of course he was referring to tabs, and i think i agree with him to some extent, listen to the music now, and listen to the music back then, totally different, but i guess you also have to put into play the difference in cultures that our generation has grew up on...anyway, i was just bored, and wanted to meet some fellow musicians..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online