Solved: Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tysonling

okay I'm working on my friends laptop, i have run a fresh new OS and still gives me the blue screen, i have disable every hardware and its still giving me problem. Can anyone help me please

First Name
Ramon
Might be a hardware problem.
Have you installed all drivers for the computer?
Have you checked for any updates on the graphics card?

Tysonling

well i can't get right through to windows, it starts before i login, so that's the problem. I can't even go through safe mode either

First Name
Ramon
then you might have installed a program that is causing those problems.
use the msconfig and uncheck everything and restart computer
remove all programs you don't use at all.
I don't think you did a fresh install on your computer. Try doing it again.

First Name
Ramon
Whenever the BSOD appears again provide us with the code number to verify the problem.

First Name
SUE
Just a thought. what operating system are you installing?what did the computer come with orginally? if you are putting in vista or windows 7 the configuration in the Bios should be set for ahci. if you are putting in xp it should be set for ata, sata, ide, or compatability. in other words say you are going from windows 7 back to xp or xp to windows 7 if the configuration isnt set right you will get a blue screen.

Tysonling

okay I'll go back home and try it, but I'm pretty sure i have done that in bios. well i would't know exactly what original OS was installed because it has been formatted already. I have right now installed is windows 7 ultimate.

First Name
SUE
The COA sticker on the bottom or under the battery should tell you what it came with originally.if the bios configuration doesnt need changed then it might be a bad hard drive or motherboard.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online