Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Toshiba Laptop problems (screen broken)

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jpesch 
#1 ·
We have a two year old Toshiba laptop, my son tried to clean the screen and cracked it. I have about 2 inches that I can see.

I want to connect it to an external monitor, when I hook it up, I can only see on the external screen until it boots up and then it clicks over to the lap top.

how can I fix this?

#2 ·
The key to change screens is always clearly marked in blue on the laptop keyboard, it is Fn + F5 typically for Toshiba but may vary by model.

The F5 (or other key as marked) will have a blue screen logo on it, pressing Fn (Function) and then the appropriate F key toggles Laptop - External - Both screens

There is sometimes a second or three delay in the switchover.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

*siiiiiigh*

that worked but the laptop is toast.

My 12 year old somehow spilled lemonade on it and fried it!

No computer.

*siiiiiiigh*

Drug out the old Windows ME constantly crashing piece of work until I am able to afford a new computer.

#4 ·
Bummer..:mad:

Why don't you mark this solved with the thread tools at the top of the page, then start a new thread in the 95 98 me forum...There is hope, you know.:up:

#7 ·
I too have a toshiba laptop with a cracked screen- nothing is visible. For the interim I need to pull a handful of files off of it as I teach at a local technical college.

My trouble is connecting a different monitor and performing the Fn + F5 to switch from the laptop display to the other monitor does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.