1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Toshiba Laptop problems (screen broken)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Credit Man, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Credit Man

Credit Man Thread Starter

We have a two year old Toshiba laptop, my son tried to clean the screen and cracked it. I have about 2 inches that I can see.

I want to connect it to an external monitor, when I hook it up, I can only see on the external screen until it boots up and then it clicks over to the lap top.

how can I fix this?

2. Sponsor

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The key to change screens is always clearly marked in blue on the laptop keyboard, it is Fn + F5 typically for Toshiba but may vary by model.

The F5 (or other key as marked) will have a blue screen logo on it, pressing Fn (Function) and then the appropriate F key toggles Laptop - External - Both screens

There is sometimes a second or three delay in the switchover.

4. Credit Man

Thanks for the reply.

*siiiiiigh*

that worked but the laptop is toast.

My 12 year old somehow spilled lemonade on it and fried it!

No computer.

*siiiiiiigh*

Drug out the old Windows ME constantly crashing piece of work until I am able to afford a new computer.

5. The Hound

The Hound

Bummer..:mad:

Why don't you mark this solved with the thread tools at the top of the page, then start a new thread in the 95 98 me forum...There is hope, you know.(y)

6. Credit Man

Sorry didn't know to do that.

This Windows ME computer needs to be tossed in the trash.

7. The Hound

The Hound

Not if TSG can help it...

8. jpesch

jpesch

I too have a toshiba laptop with a cracked screen- nothing is visible. For the interim I need to pull a handful of files off of it as I teach at a local technical college.

My trouble is connecting a different monitor and performing the Fn + F5 to switch from the laptop display to the other monitor does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

9. jpesch

jpesch

Sorry- forgot this thread was solved- new post under hardware.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/587386