1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Toshiba Laptop screen to HP Compaq

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ko0bf4c3, Sep 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ko0bf4c3

ko0bf4c3 Thread Starter

Hi Guys

I was given a HP Compaq 6375s today with a shattered screen but the base works fine and I also have a Toshiba Satellite A200 that is dead/doesnt boot but the screen is in good condition. Would it be possible to put the Toshiba screen into the HP? They are both 15.4 WXGA screens with the same resolution when looking at the specs online.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks peeps. (y)

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi ko0bf4c3, and welcome to TSG.

It takes more than the same resolution to allow swapping screens. The interface cable type(s) and pinout(s) would need to be a perfect match. The operating voltages and signal timing requirements would need to be the same. They would need to use the same kind of backlight and have the same backlight operating voltage. Any differences in mechanical dimensions and any mounting hole locations could be problematic. You would need to compare full electrical and mechanical specs to see if one would work as a drop in replacement for the other.

3. ko0bf4c3

ko0bf4c3 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply cwwozniak just been going thru the specs pages and I don't think they will match by the looks of it, just thought I'd ask to see if it would save me buying a new screen lol.

On the specs sites it has..

The 6735s -

• Screen type LCD (Active, Color, Backlit, CCFL)
    The Toshiba A200 -

• Screen type LCD
    And I also have a spare Fujitsu Esprimo 5535..

• Screen type LCD (Color, Backlit)
    Cheers. :)(y)

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You need to take the screens apart and look at the make and model of the actual lcd panels.

You just may be lucky and find that the two use the same ones. If they do then you can very carefully swap the panels.

5. ko0bf4c3

ko0bf4c3 Thread Starter

Haha just tried my luck looked at the toshiba and the fujitsu taken apart... the fujitsu looked equal in colour of wire, position of plug etc so I thought well the laptop stands me at £0 lol. What the heck.. and this is what happened....

Attached Files:

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    That doesn't look too bad. Is the Desktop background correct or not ?

7. ko0bf4c3

ko0bf4c3 Thread Starter

It is mate, working spot on so far, here is a pic with the bezel and everything on. I've just replaced a laptop screen while tipsy wtf lol.

:eek:

Attached Files:

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You were very lucky the screen was the right one, good work though

Hmm drunk and driving a laptop eh. ;)

9. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

DUI
    Drunk using internet......

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1134466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice