1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: TOSHIBA laptop w/Blu-Ray drive won't play Blu-Ray discs

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wgreene, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

All of a sudden I find that Blu-Ray discs will no longer play on my TOSHIBA Satellite P775D laptop.

When I attempt to play them with either TOSHIBA Video Player, Corel WinDVD or BD/DVD Player, I get the following message:

WinDVD information service is not ready yet. Please try again later.

Also, whenever I try to play a Blu-Ray disc using either Windows Media Player or RealPlayer, nothing at all happens.

Is it possible that I need some sort of upgrade through TOSHIBA to restore Blu-Ray compatibility?

2. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Well, I've made a lot of progress, but I still have a problem.

Following instructions from a friend, I went to Protexis Licensing V2, selected Automatic for Startup type. Next, under Service status I clicked Start.

I inserted one Blu-Ray and it started up automatically and played perfectly with Corel WinDVD.
    '
    However, the new Blu-Ray I bought today still would not play. When I inserted the disc, Corel WinDVD started automatically, the disc loaded, the music started, and the elapsed time was shown in the bottom right corner of the screen. The problem is that when I clicked on the Play button, nothing happened. Otherwise, the disc seems to be ready to play. Am I perhaps missing a simple step? Is there another button I need to press?

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Uninstall, reboot, reinstall WinDVD. Then ensure it has the latest updates/patches installed.

4. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking that it would probably be best for me to do a reinstall of WinDVD. Since I'm currently on the road and the WinDVD disc is at home, I'll have to wait a few days.

5. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

As it turns out, I recently discovered that the Blu-Ray which was unplayable using the mouse is playable using the keyboard. I'm pretty sure I had encountered a similar situation a good while back but had forgotten about it. I still find it odd that some Blu-Rays work with the mouse while others don't.

6. wayonbird

wayonbird

yeah, good idea,Uninstall, reboot, reinstall WinDVD. Then ensure it has the latest updates/patches installed.[​IMG]

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice