1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Toshiba laptop wont play Blu ray

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by yes_puleeze, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yes_puleeze

yes_puleeze Thread Starter

I have a fairly new Toshiba satellite laptop P70 Windows 8.1 & it wont play any Blu ray discs. Toshiba Blu-ray Disc player starts up when you insert a disc the play button appears but nothing happens. I have tried the Toshiba site but it just puts me in a loop to start page. I cant find any links to see if I need to update the player. The version I have is 1.0.5.175. I have spent ages searching online trying to find a solution. I am in Australia & have the correct country code selected. Any help would be appreciated as Ive spent hours on it.

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  3. yes_puleeze

thank you for that link I have been to that page but it is for America or latin American.I When I go to Toshiba Australia i get no where it just puts me in a loop I click on downloads & i just keep looping back to the start page so frustrating!

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  5. yes_puleeze

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  7. yes_puleeze

Thanks for your reply & yes naturally I am sure it is also a blu ray player. This is the first time I've tried to play bu ray so no its never worked. thanks for the link that is the site Ive been going to.
    I have finally got it to stop going into a loop I have uninstalled & reinstalled the player from this site once by myself & now finally after getting hold of a Toshiba Tech with them & nothing has changed it still doesn't play Blu Ray discs. Their only solution is do a refresh of the system. I am away at the moment& I only have a small internet usage allowance. So will have to wait to do this.
    NOT That I want this to be the solution to have to back up everything & return windows pre all the updates etc as in reformat it. I have found this in the past with Toshiba their problem solving usually seems to rely on this solution. In fact that was their first choice I just pushed to at least try a reinstall of the player in case I was doing something incorrectly. So if anyone has any other options before I reformat I would be grateful I wont be in a position to reformat for a couple of weeks.

8. yes_puleeze

Sorry forgot to add & yes naturally have tried more than one disc :)

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I go here http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/products/computers/satellite#
    but then it is P70- and 5 choices.
    Which one exactly do you have?

Windows 8 can't play blu-ray and I see two programs listed to solve this problem. There is the free VLC but I think you have to edit a few things and move files around, and the paid program CyberLink PowerDVD.

10. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Last I checked, Blu-Ray is not officially supported by VLC. It seems to work for some, and not for others.

11. yes_puleeze

Thank you very much to all of you who tried to help me. I am so glad I didn't go with Toshiba Techs recommendation to format the computer. I've solved the issue. I have a Logitech lapdesk with fan & speakers plugged into my laptop. I unplugged it & wahlah blu ray discs will now play. It works fine with Dvd's but prevents the blu ray disk from playing completely ie no picture. Once again thanks to those who all tried to help me you are all appreciated.

12. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Odd. The lapdesk only connects via USB right?

13. yes_puleeze

yes that is correct connects via usb its a logitec speaker lapdesk N700

14. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Likely related to the audio setup. For Blu-ray, both video and audio are protected by DHCP (over HDMI). With the USB output configured as the default audio output, it is no longer protected.

15. yes_puleeze

It plays Dvd movies no problem using the lapdesk it only causes problems with Blu-ray

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1129615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice