1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Toshiba Satellite Laptop - Win 8 o/s and no password

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by 00J1817900, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00J1817900

00J1817900 Thread Starter

Good morning/ day all ! I was hoping someone could help me open windows-8 on a laptop I was given. The previous owner doesn't remember the password she set for it. She also said several folks have tried helping her and failed. Any suggestions ?

On restart/ power on Windows does nothing now and what looks like a dos(blue) box or window asks for a password. That is as far as I have gotten so far. Thanks in advance to all that support this site.

Toshiba Satellite
    L855D-S5114

Windows 8 (supposedly)

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Sorry, but help with passwords is against the rules of this site.

3. valis

valis Moderator

as md2lgyk stated, we cannot assist with bypassing passwords. May want to read the rules page at techguy.org/rules.html. As a result, I'm going to have to close this.

thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!