1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Toshiba Satellite Power Settings

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lschul, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

We have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that is nothing short of disappointing...but that's another story. This laptop has Toshiba Power Management and I have the setting where I would like them but they don't seem to operate properly. When the laptop is left alone for 5 minutes it basically goes into hibernation when I don't have it set up that way. I have tried to use windows power management in the control panel but somehow the Toshiba Power Management overrules that. How do I make the settings work propertly and is there a way to get rid of Toshiba Power management so I can manage it via windows?

2. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I found it in control panel and uninstalled it...thought I had looked in there before.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!