Solved: Touchpad always on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fili

Can you help me with my dell touchpad.Its turned off but its still reacting i dont know whats up.
I tured it off in dell settings.
Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm assuming you're using an external USB mouse and don't want the touchpad to work at all.

If that's the case, go into the Device Manager and locate the touchpad device, then disable it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Look on the sticker and advise what the 7-character service tag number is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fili

Thanks for assistance.I dont have disable in my menu so i pressed uninstall but it didnt help.My Dell model is Latitude D530.Service tag is J70NH3J

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Thanks for assistance.I dont have disable in my menu so i pressed uninstall but it didnt help.My Dell model is Latitude D530.Service tag is J70NH3J
According to that service tag number, here is the dell support and software site that's specific only to your Dell Latitude D530 laptop.

You should add and save this site to your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

Here is the online user's guide for it.

This is directly from the keyboard section:

You can use the Mouse Properties window to disable the touch pad or adjust its settings.

Click Start - Control Panel - Printers and Other Hardware - Mouse.

In the Mouse Properties window:

Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad and track stick.

Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad and track stick settings.

Click OK to save the settings and close the window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online