Solved: Transfer file problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JKTiffin

I'm trying to transfer files from an XP desktop to a new vista laptop. Using the transfer wizard I can only go as far as the "select a method" screen and then the "use the home network" option is greyed out, and I cannot figure out why. I have about 10 gigs of data to transfer so I figure this'd be the quickest way, but not sure what to do to solve the problem.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

TerryNet

Terry
If you have a home network (I suppose they mean a workgroup) set up why not just copy the files? I wouldn't trust a transfer wizard with my data.

The easiest thing to do would be to copy all your data to an external HD, and then copy back to the new Vista machine.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online