1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Transfer Microsoft Office from dead computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by flourcollie, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flourcollie

flourcollie Thread Starter

2. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Welcome to TSG. Contact Microsoft and see about a replacement cd if you can't find your original.

3. flourcollie

Wow, I wish I knew that was an option before I bought the external drive enclosure. Can you give me a heads up about the replacement cost?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    There is no such version as Microsoft Office Enterprise Suite 2007 Student Edition.

You have either Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 or Microsoft Office Home And Student 2007.

Here is the "Contact Us" site.

You can't copy it from one computer to another. It has to be reinstalled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

5. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Well, if for some reason you don`t get it figured out there is always Open Office which is free, and compatible with Microsoft Office. It is found here: http://www.openoffice.org/index.html

6. flourcollie

Thank you all for your help.

flavallee, thank you for the direct link. I was looking at my order confirmation from when I purchased it, but at second look it is Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 (Student Edition). I think the (Student Edition) part was just referring to my discount. ;)

Thanks for the idea, IMP49. I have tried OpenOffice before, but I think I am just spoiled on Office because I find it very difficult.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Browse through the listings here and you may be able to find a used copy at a good price.

I needed a copy of Microsoft Office 97 Professional Edition last year for a volunteer computer that I was working on, and I found a used copy here for $25.00.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No, you can't just copy the files. Office doesn't work that way. Unfortunately, it looks like you'll have to either re-buy Office or use OpenOffice. That was an expensive lesson in keeping CDs in a safe place. I store them in CD binders, and I haven't lost one since I bought my first computer many, many years ago.

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    To add to what DoubleHelix said, if you're going to pay good money to buy a Windows operating system or Office suite or any other program, treat your CD's/DVD's and their product keys/serial numbers like gold because you never know when you're going to need them again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

10. flourcollie

Thank you all for your help. Lesson learned, indeed. ;)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice