1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: transfer photos off computer to xd picture card in digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by faza, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faza

faza Thread Starter

i am trying to do something but it does not seem to be working. could some one please help me.

i have some photos on my computer which i want to put on to my fujifilm xd picture card so that i can take them to a shop to get the printed out. i have made sure that the file is a jpeg and the filename has no spaces. i then copied the pictures and attached my camera to my computer.
    i went into My Computer to access the folder where the pictures are stored on the camera, i knew it was the right place as the photos that where already on my camera where showing. i then pasted the photos and they were then shown as on my camera's picture card.

i then disconnected the camera and checked that the photos had been stored on the picture card, but it just said "read-error" where the photos i had just copied should have been.

i have a finepix a204 digital camera.

are the pictures on the memory card so that i can print them out at the shop? or am i doing something wrong?
    could someone please help me and tell me what i should be doing.
    Thanks.
    Matt

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Are they pictures that came from the XD card?
    Did you format the card before trying to write to it?

Why not just burn them to a CD instead?

buck

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's unlikely that you can transfer pictures manually from the computer to the card to the camera and then have them display on the camera. The card needs to be formatted while in the camera in order for it to be used and for the pictures taken to display properly on the camera.

The files you transferred to the card are still on the card, but you won't be able to view them on the camera. You also may not be able to take new pictures until you format the card while it's in the camera.

4. slipe

slipe

The pictures are probably on the card. Most digital cameras make a small thumbnail of the image and store it with the image file in a data packet called the EXIF. When you view the image on the camera LCD the camera is looking at that thumbnail. Some programs don’t save the EXIF with the image. If the thumbnail isn’t sent back to the camera with the image it can’t display it.

It seems like a bad plan to leave some images on the card and record others to the same card. Most people download the images and format the card. Then they record the images they have selected to print back to the card.

5. faza

faza Thread Starter

answers to your questions:
    the pictures did not come from the xd picture card and were taken by a different camra.

when i first put the card into the camera i formated it.

i don't want to burn them to a cd as i want to take them to be printed out.

thanks for the help and info everyone has given me already.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can burn them to a CD and then take the CD to have them printed.

7. faza

faza Thread Starter

o right. i didn't know about that. do you know where you can get them printed from a cd?

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I would assume the same place you would take a memory card. You'd have to call them to ask if their kiosks accept CDs. If they don't, then you'll have to use the memory card, but don't put it in your camera and try to take pictures until you format it.

9. buck52

buck52 Banned

If the place you take them to can not print from a CD then you had best find a different place...

buck

10. kaktex

kaktex

Most Ritz/Wolf camera stores as well as Walgreens and WalMart etc have equipment to read just about anything.
    You can get prints made from floppy, CD, camera memory cards, flashdrive, zipdisc, pretty much everything.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/315662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice