1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Transferring Microsoft Money 2003 to a new computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sussextraveller, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sussextraveller

sussextraveller Thread Starter

When I purchased my computer, which operates on Windows XP in 2003 it already had Microsoft Money 2003 installed on it. I wasn't given a cd with the programme on it. When I close the programme down it backs up to My Documents and a floppy disk.

I am now about to purchase a new computer which runs on Windows 7.

Can anyone tell me please if there is any way of transferring the Money programme to the new computer ?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You'll have to either find a copy of Money 2003 on eBay or buy a program called PCmover which would hopefully transfer all programs and data to the new computer. I've never used it, but it's your only other option.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Buying the install media would probably be best. Kind of surprised they didn't give you the media. When we bought my wifes laptop years ago, they gave us the install media for Money. We have it running on Windows 7 now.

4. stantley

stantley

MS Money was discontinued in 2008, before Windows 7 came out so there could be problems running an old version of Money on Windows 7, but this guy got it to run: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/912521-solved-microsoft-money-restoring-data.html

He never said what version of Money he had but I'm guessing 2006 or 2007. You could probably find a cheap copy of 2003 and try it out.

Eventually you'll have to get rid of Money and move on to something else. Now might be a good time to do it.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

We have 2004 running just fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

6. stantley

stantley

Ok, now I know 2 people running it on Windows 7. :)

7. sussextraveller

sussextraveller Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your quick replies, they are much appreciated.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice