Solved: Transparent Ghost on Top!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dazmo

Hello everyone :)

Please help me!
Often when im working, I find that being able to pin a window on top, and make it a little bit transparent, so that im working on the window under it while still being able to see the window on top would be VERY helpful for many things.

in earlier windows versions, i could accomplish this using an application called "tweakwindow". it was fantastic!

googling about this has left me with the impression that a similar feature may be native to the OS, but im unable to find it.

keep in mind im not talking about transparent borders, or anything like that, but actually making the WHOLE WINDOW a ghost, and pinning it to the top (the way the task manager can when you click Options<always on top). so that i can work on the window beneath it. Things this is useful for are tracing images in photoshop, modeling in 3ds or maya from an orthographic image without having to steal or download it or junk up my scene with pointless planes, making ascii art for harassing omeglers, the list goes on and on.

if anyone can help me do this i would be be so grateful you cant even imagine. the sheer volume of brownie points, cookies, kudos, and well-wishes will blow your mind! :)

Dazmo

which option under the "thread tools" link is going to accomplish this?
is it "show printable version" "email this" "unsubscribe" or "add a poll?"
none of those sound like the thing to do the trick, but thats all that is available :(
what am i missing?

*UPDATE*
a "mark solved" button has magically appeared in the place of other buttons which are now gone.
weird.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online