1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trend Micro Internet Security

Discussion in 'General Security' started by njoy829, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. njoy829

njoy829 Thread Starter

My daughter got an Asus Eee Pc for christmas. I removed Trend Micro, which came as a trial version on the computer and installed Norton Security Suite. Apparently a Microsoft update ended up locking her out of EVERYTHING. So, I took the computer to Geek Squad, which I don't think I will ever do again. They did a system restore back to factory settings, restoring the Trend Micro. Now I can not open the program or uninstall it. I also noticed that the rating on the OS, which is Windows 7 Starter (32 bit) is now rated a 2.3 Windows Experience Index, whereas it was not rated at all before.
    When I run the troubleshooter in the Trend Micro and try the recommended settings, I get a message stating that UfNavi is an incompatible application. When I try to uninstall through the control panel I get a message from the trend micro security installer stating that the setup program was interrupted. When I go into Program Files on the hard drive and try to delete the folder I get a message stating that the action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program.
    There is another program called Best Buy Software Installer that will not open either. I get a message stating that there was an unexpected error with the application. Error code 7556. Error message: Cannot create instance of 'BaseWindowView' defined in assembly 'Best Bu Software Installer, Version=2.3.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error in markup file'BestBuy Software Installer;component/BaseWindowView.xaml'.
    I'm not sure if this has anything at all to do with the Trend Micro not functioning properly or not. I do remember reading a thread on this website that stated that Windows is keeping a Trendmicro file open... something to do with a remnant .dll file but now I cannot find the thread :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated as my daughter is aching to use one of the gifts she was most happy to recieve :)

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. njoy829

njoy829 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help but it didn't work... I received a message stating that a problem caused the Diagnostic Toolkit to stop working correctly and that Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is available.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

5. njoy829

njoy829 Thread Starter

Thanks Phantom. Tried that with no success. I was able to access the Trend Micro file location. Deleted all the files except for 1. Tmdshell.dll. the file description is Tmdshell Dynaic Link Library. The warning is stating that the action can not be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer. I'm thinking in the background. I can not for the life of me figure out how to close the file though :(

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

7. njoy829

njoy829 Thread Starter

After a few attempts and playing around with the program a little it did the job :D Thanks sooo much!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice