1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trend Micro

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mrcobra, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mrcobra

Mrcobra Thread Starter

Bare with me on this as this is for a friend of mine. Apparently a friend(lol) of his installed trend micro virus protection on his computer and passworded it. Now MY friend wants to remove the program and use a different virus protection program but he can't delete the trend because it apparently asks for a password. Is there a way to remove this program without having to use a password ?

BEFORE I get any smart a$$ questions like, ahh why don't your friend just ask his buddy. Because he is in the process of moving and has not been able to get a hold of him yet, lol

Thanks

2. Mrcobra

Mrcobra Thread Starter

ok thanks alot

3. rolandk10

rolandk10

Since you had no replies, I'll offer what I can. There are some boot disks tlike Knoppix or Ultimate Boot Disk, which can boot your computer into a linux os directly from the CD and from there you can make changes to your XP installation that you couldn't if you were loaded into XP directly. While I don't remember seeing an uninstall feature when running these, if you do some research to find all the files that make up theTrend-Micro install, it is possible to remove them using a method like this and password protection will mean nothing.

Just do this at your own risk and be very careful...because of the fact you are using a diiferent OS when using this method, any file can be erased from the hard drive you want, including XP dependent files.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I know the Trend Corporate version is difficult to remove if you don't have the password. Somewhere on the Trend site is a removal procedure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice