1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: trnasfer ms office 2000 win 98 to vista or xp

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by modublin, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. modublin

modublin Thread Starter

I have office 2007 and find the layout just too confusing to use and want to use office 2000.
    office 2000 pro is 4 disk pack. disk 1 is scratched and unusable but is installed on another computer i am about to dump. I ASSURE you that these have been purchased and i am Not copying software.

Can I transfer office 2000 pro from my win 98 old pc to my new pc using xp or vista(dual boot )

This question could indeed be about any software.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Office can't be "moved" by copying files from one computer to another.

3. letchworth

letchworth

If someone near you owns the exact same version of Office 2000- you may be able to install it using your own key (number on the CD package)

Failing that-- OpenOffice will read and write files compatible to your Office 2000---- and it is free to use- free updates- and free to give away

http://www.openoffice.org/

letchworth

4. modublin

modublin Thread Starter

i found an old copy in a case unused for years. so so lucky.

if you like a program copy it now and keep safe.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698014

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice