1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trojan Horse Dropper .Delf.3.BC

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Susie N, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Hi all,

Ever since yesterday, we are getting pop-up windows on the computer that look like they're from AVG Resident Shield stating the following:

I have the free version of AVG on this computer and have run it several times. Each time it says no viruses have been detected. Does anyone here have an idea of what I should do?

Thanks!

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

3. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I just followed your instructions and the virus scan still says there is no virus detected. Now what?

4. cybertech

Turn system restore back on.

5. Susie N

Susie N Thread Starter

Okay, I turned the system restore off, then ran the virus scan. It said no virus detected. Then I turned the system restore back on. Is there a different order in which I should complete these steps?

6. cybertech

No, the way you did it was fine. The virus was in your system restore by turning off system restore you have removed it from your system.

Security Help Tools

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice