1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: trojan.vundo

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by alaskageegette, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alaskageegette

alaskageegette Thread Starter

Hi - I picked up the nasty ones. I have looked in your archives and found Roberta13 from 11 Oct 2005, working with brendandonhu. I followed that thread through to the end and have downloaded hijackthis, vundofix.exe and cleanup40 . I have had the same "located but can't do anything about" from my symantec program. I have already disabled system restore, gone to safe mode and run adaware, spybot, and spywaredoctor a few times. This picked up alexa and a couple other problems, as well as a bunch of registry issues.

I restarted in safe mode (I am on another computer) and ran hijackthis. Here is the log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 9:40:46 PM, on 7/27/2006
    Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\My Documents\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.toshiba.com/search
    O2 - BHO: CIEPl Object - {6BB18EFE-F2C7-457C-81FE-705757171FA0} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bin32.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {ED2B4286-EAC7-4624-9F80-D2279417CB89} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\yavgvgor.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPNF] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEPOWER] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CePMTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEKEY] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pinger] c:\toshiba\ivp\ism\pinger.exe /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IVPServiceMgr] C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\ivpsvmgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Camera Detector] C:\PROGRA~1\ACDSYS~1\DEVDET~1\DEVDET~1.EXE -autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE"
    O4 - Global Startup: eFax Tray Menu.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\HotTray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: KeyAccess.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Live Menu.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\Dllcmd32.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Smart Wizard Wireless Settings.lnk = ?
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O20 - AppInit_DLLs: KATRACK.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: amunthey - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amunthey.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: bin32 - bin32.dll (file missing)
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: grpwrigc - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\grpwrigc.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NavLogon.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: xyqhlypu - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xyqhlypu.dll
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
    O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\System32\HPZipm12.exe

Thank you for the help. I will wait for your response before I run vundofix.exe

Barbara

2. khazars

khazars

hi, welcome to TSG.

You need to get Xp SP1 asap and all other patches, you are open to
    multiple threats!then after your clean you should consider upgrading to XPSP2

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp1/default.mspx

Your using msconfig, go back into msconfig and recheck all the boxes that are unchecked and click ok and then reboot your computer!

Download the pocket killbox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

Please download http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4 to your desktop.
    · Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
    · Click the Scan for Vundo button.
    · Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
    · You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
    · Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
    · When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
    · Turn your computer back on.

Go here and downlaod the latest version of java, once
    downloaded, go to add/remove and uninstall all previous versions of java
    from add/remove and then instlall the latest version you just downloaded!

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Download ewido!

http://www.ewido.net/en/

* Once you have downloaded Ewido Anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
    * Once the setup is complete you will need run Ewido and update the definition files.
    * On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
    * Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    * Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
    * Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Delete"
    * Under "Reports"
    * Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
    * Un-Select "Only if threats were found"

Close Ewido Anti-spyware, Do NOT run a scan yet. We will do that later in safe mode.

* Click here to download ATF Cleaner by Atribune and save it to your desktop.

http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html

* Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
    * Under Main choose: Select All
    * Click the Empty Selected button.
    o If you use Firefox:
    + Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    + Click the Empty Selected button.
    + NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    o If you use Opera:
    + Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    + Click the Empty Selected button.
    + NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
    * Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

* Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know
    how.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001052409420406?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

* Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You
    will need them to refer to in safe mode.

* Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in
    safe mode:

have hijack this fix these entries. close all browsers and programmes before
    clicking FIX.

O2 - BHO: CIEPl Object - {6BB18EFE-F2C7-457C-81FE-705757171FA0} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\bin32.dll (file missing)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {ED2B4286-EAC7-4624-9F80-D2279417CB89} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\yavgvgor.dll

Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill.
    In the Full Path of File to Delete box, copy and paste each of the following
    lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the
    X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confirmation to
    delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have
    copied and pasted all of these in the Paste Full Path of File to Delete box.

Note: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not
    exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you
    don't miss any.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\amunthey.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\grpwrigc.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xyqhlypu.dll

Run Ewido!

# IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while Ewido is scanning as it may interfere with the scanning process:
    # Launch Ewido Anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
    # Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
    # Ewido will now begin the scanning process. Be patient this may take a little time.
    Once the scan is complete do the following:
    # If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
    # Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
    # Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
    # Close Ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode.

reboot to normal mode and run a few online scans!

Make sure your ActiveX controls are set as follows:

Go to Internet Options - Security - Internet, press 'default level', then OK.
    Now press "Custom Level."

In the ActiveX section, set the first two options (Download signed and
    unsigned ActiveX controls) to 'prompt', and 'Initialize and Script ActiveX
    controls not marked as safe" to 'disable'.

Active X settings

http://www.compu-docs.com/activex.htm

Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it.
    Make a note of the file location of anything that cannot be deleted so you
    can delete it yourself.
    - Save the results from the scan!

Make sure you post your next hijack this log from normal mode not safe mode!

post another hijack this log, the ewido, vundo and active scan logs

3. alaskageegette

I downloaded SP1a (I had attempted a repair via update with the original XP cd, which is why the service pack updates were not there - and SP2 completely wiped out the laptop when it first came out - had to redo all!). some install problems which I can fix later (photo...). anyway, in safe mode I had the following problems:

vundofix did not detect the trojan
    Hijackthis allowed the 020 deletions but would not allow deletion of the 020 Winlogon Notify: items
    Killbox.exe would not allow deletion of the 3 system32 .dll files

Attempting to manually delete them results in the same "can't delete" messages

restarting then, of course, reloads the previously deleted lines

what next?

4. khazars

khazars

run all the scans and post their logs !

Also do this!

have hijack this fix these entries. close all browsers and programmes before
    clicking FIX.

1. Please download The Avenger by Swandog46 to your Desktop.

http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/avenger.zip

* Click on Avenger.zip to open the file
    * Extract avenger.exe to your desktop

2. Copy all the text contained in the code box below to your Clipboard by highlighting it and pressing (Ctrl+C):

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by clicking on its icon on your desktop.

* Under "Script file to execute" choose "Input Script Manually".
    * Now click on the Magnifying Glass icon which will open a new window titled "View/edit script"
    * Paste the text copied to clipboard into this window by pressing (Ctrl+V).
    * Click Done
    * Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
    * Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

* It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
    * On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
    * After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
    * The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please copy/paste the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply.

5. alaskageegette

I think we beat it! I had to repeat the process several times in several variations of safe/normal mode, but I may be OK. Here are the final log sequences. I did not run Pandasoftware online scans, but I did run several others (Pandasoftware required use of IE, which I do not want to use until I am sure I have ALL updates installed - Inormally use Firefox)

Steps:

1. I ran Vundofix in normal mode - still no trojan detected
    2. I updated Java
    3. I downloaded and set up Ewido
    4. I cleaned main and Firefox files with ATF Clean

5. Rebooted to Safe mode
    Ran Hijackthis producing the following log

Scan saved at 8:57:08 AM, on 7/28/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.toshiba.com/search
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEPOWER] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CePMTray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Camera Detector] C:\PROGRA~1\ACDSYS~1\DEVDET~1\DEVDET~1.EXE -autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioEngineUtility] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioAudioCentral] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [H/PC Connection Agent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE"
    O4 - Global Startup: eFax Tray Menu.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\HotTray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Live Menu.lnk = C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\Dllcmd32.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Create Mobile Favorite - {2EAF5BB1-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Create Mobile Favorite... - {2EAF5BB2-070F-11D3-9307-00C04FAE2D4F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\INetRepl.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
    O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

Still in Safe Mode, I ran
    Killbox, then Ewido. Here is the Ewido log:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    + Created at: 12:55:02 PM 7/28/2006
    + Scan result:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\gpyroaaa.exe -> Downloader.Small.crx : Cleaned.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntio256.sys -> Rootkit.Agent.cf : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.19:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.20:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.25:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.11:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.52:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.53:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.54:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.56:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Clickbank : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.59:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.48:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.49:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.50:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.51:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.47:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Trafic : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.12:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.14:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.15:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.16:C:\Documents and Settings\BJM\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5vrs30s5.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.

::Report end

I then ran Avenger with the manual removal script. It had some difficulties and could not create the zip backup file. this is the first log:

Logfile of The Avenger version 1, by Swandog46
    Running from registry key:
    \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\tfcvrdia
    Script file located at: \??\C:\WINDOWS\xegpscnn.txt
    Script file opened successfully.
    Script file read successfully
    Backups directory opened successfully at C:\Avenger
    Beginning to process script file:
    File C:\Windows\System32\yavgvgor.dll not found!
    Deletion of file C:\Windows\System32\yavgvgor.dll failed!
    Could not process line:
    C:\Windows\System32\yavgvgor.dll
    File C:\Windows\System32\amunthey.dll deleted successfully.
    File C:\Windows\System32\grpwrigc.dll deleted successfully.
    File C:\Windows\System32\xyqhlypu.dll deleted successfully.
    Completed script processing.
    Finished! Terminate.

I was not comfortable with the results, and found that the files had NOT been removed. Here is the first Hijackthis log from the normal boot:

Scan saved at 1:28:29 PM, on 7/28/2006

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
    C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CePMTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
    C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\ivpsvmgr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\ACDSYS~1\DEVDET~1\DEVDET~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\Playlist.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\HotTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\Dllcmd32.exe
    C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG111 Configuration Utility\WG111CFG.exe
    C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin\msdev.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioEngineUtility] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\System\EngUtil.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioAudioCentral] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\npjpi150_06.dll
    O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe

The problems did return. However, I reran everything several times in several modes (the ballpeen hammer school of troubleshooting). I believe the Avenger finally took. Unless you see anything else, I hope I am back up and running. Here is the final hijackthis log:

Scan saved at 6:25:42 PM, on 7/28/2006

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
    C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPad\TPTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Management\CePMTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
    C:\toshiba\ivp\ism\ivpsvmgr.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\SYMANT~1\vptray.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\ACDSYS~1\DEVDET~1\DEVDET~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb10.exe
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\Playlist.exe
    C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\HotTray.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
    C:\Program Files\eFax Messenger Plus\Dllcmd32.exe
    C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG111 Configuration Utility\WG111CFG.exe
    C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
    C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
    Barbara

6. khazars

khazars

well done, I have noticed these are getting harder to remove over the last few days, I think we have a few new variants!

Can you post the panda scan log?

For Mozilla

To block cookies in mozilla and stop them from coming back click on
    tools/ options/privacy/click view cookies, now you will now see a
    list of cookies, click on all the cookies to delete that you don't want
    to keep! You can view all the blocked cookies by clicking exceptions!

you don't appear to have a firewall, even if you have a router you still need
    a software frewall, downlaod the one from the link below!

Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition

http://www.filseclab.com/eng/download/downloads.htm

http://www.download.com/Filseclab-Pe...8.html?tag=dir

use this site to confgure filseclab , see page 7 and post 165 of that thread!

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=92710

Use this site's shields up to test filseclab and see if it is stealthing, some rules may have to be changed to " out " to pass the tests!

http://grc.com/

go to this site and download these tools and once you get both
    adaware Se 1.6 and spybot, update both of them.

Set adaware to do a full system scan and deselect, "search for neglible risk
    entries". Click next to start the scan. Delete everything adaware finds.

reboot and now run spybot

Spybot: Search and destroy.

Delete what spybot finds marked in red. After updating spybot hit the
    immunize button.

All tools can be downloaded at the link below and found on that page!

. SpyBot search and destroy
    . AdAware SE personal

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

post another log

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487102

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice