1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trouble burning mpeg2 file to dvd in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by TheShape74, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheShape74

TheShape74 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am trying to burn an mpeg2 file to a blank dvd. The correct file has been copied, and is now 'waiting to burn to disc'...however when I click the share tab, and then click 'Burn to Disc', nothing happens. No msg pops up and no action is happening. It is a 16x dvd. I used to do this in Windows 7 and never had a problem. Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Depending on if you have Windows Media centre installed, some computers with 8 pre installed especially if 8 professional had the free Windows media Centre

If not open Windows Media player, bring your file to there and then after inserting the DVD click burn
    on the right

I am honestly not sure if it will work, try formatting the DVD before you try the burn

The reason I say I am not sure is that I have a triple boot with 8 pro, 7 pro and xp, but I have burnt dvd`s on 8 no problem, with no additional burning software, but not mpeg files

I am just about to sign off if that does not work
    See this
    http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToCreateADVDOnWindows8EvenThoughWindowsDVDMakerIsGoneDVDStyler.aspx

NOTE PLEASE the caution re the OPT out required for the toolbar and home page change

I have just checked as well and I do not think MPEG2 will play on 8 in WMP let alone burn without added software

Good luck
    signing off

Would you also kindly reply to your other topic when you get chance
    http://forums.techguy.org/windows-8/1087735-boot-error-windows-8-a.html

3. TheShape74

TheShape74 Thread Starter

Hi,
    And thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I formatted the disc and it burnt fine. I also tried the WMP route and it didn't work, but I only tried it once. I will toy around with it and try again, but at least I can burn by formatting now.

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

You are welcome
    pleased to have helped

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!