[Solved] Trouble deleting a zip file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LadyDragon

I have saved an absolute TON of images and .wav files into a zip archive. The archive is about 1 gig! Now I am trying to get rid of it, but everytime I right-click on it lags and I get "this program is not responding..."

the same if I highlight it and try to delete

the same if I drag it to the recycle bin

I can still open it, I can extract, I can view, but whenever I try to delete individual files in the archive, I get the same lag and the "not responding" message.

I used WinZip 8.1.

have you tried holding the 'shift' key while deleting it. This method will delete a file without placing it in the recycle bin, it might be worth a try

Failing those, try booting into so-called "Safe" mode and kill the bugger from there!

LadyDragon

It's amazing what a little advice can render possible. Many thanks. Problem solved!

Your welcome and don't forget your free upgade.

Just what did you do to solved it?

LadyDragon

I tried the "holding shift" while deleting... and poof (no visible smoke) it was gone.

How do you spell relief? "T-S-G!":p

But I tried to update WinZip... but no matter what I did it didn't seem to be downloading. The litle flag in teh corner of the IE window kept waving but nothing seemed to be happening. Clicking on anything in that window gavew no results either. Rather annoying.

Here is the download link for winzip.
http://www.winzip.com/downauto.cgi?winzip90.exe

Download the WinZip 9.0 Upgrade

Free upgrade for registered users:

All registered users of earlier English-language versions of WinZip are eligible to download a FREE upgrade to WinZip 9.0.

To install the upgrade, do not uninstall your previous version of WinZip. Leaving the old version installed will allow the installation procedure to replace the old version with the new version, while preserving your registration information and configuration settings. To install the new release:

1. Close all WinZip windows
2. Download and run the WinZip 9.0 distribution file (winzip90.exe) using the link below
3. Install the new version to the folder where your previous version of WinZip was installed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online