Solved: trouble posting on phpbb boards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cindyl10

not sure which forum this should go in...please move it if I chose wrong...

I've been having trouble with my internet connection timing out, but they fixed it this afternoon. Now I'm zipping along just fine. EXCEPT for one thing. I seem to be able to post just fine on a vbulletin board but not on phpbb boards; I can post short things but not something long like a news article? It just refuses. It hangs and hangs and eventually I'll get page can't be displayed, no matter how many times I try. I've emptied my temp files and history, although I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I just don't know what to try! banghead banghead banghead I guess I should be grateful that it's letting me post at all, but this is so frustrating. I normally use IE, but even tried downloading and using firefox and it does the same thing! Any ideas???? Please help! just so you know, I have Windows XP and have DSL which is connected via a router. I keep wondering if the router could have anything to do with it? I honestly don't know though.... BTW, this is really important to me as I am the founder and admin of a phpbb board. thanks so much!

Cindyl10

Cindyl10 said:
not sure which forum this should go in...please move it if I chose wrong...

I've been having trouble with my internet connection timing out, but they fixed it this afternoon. Now I'm zipping along just fine. EXCEPT for one thing. I seem to be able to post just fine on a vbulletin board but not on phpbb boards; I can post short things but not something long like a news article? It just refuses. It hangs and hangs and eventually I'll get page can't be displayed, no matter how many times I try. I've emptied my temp files and history, although I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I just don't know what to try! banghead banghead banghead I guess I should be grateful that it's letting me post at all, but this is so frustrating. I normally use IE, but even tried downloading and using firefox and it does the same thing! Any ideas???? Please help! just so you know, I have Windows XP and have DSL which is connected via a router. I keep wondering if the router could have anything to do with it? I honestly don't know though.... BTW, this is really important to me as I am the founder and admin of a phpbb board. thanks so much!
does anyone have any ideas that might help me?

btw, I've tried posting articles on other phpbb boards and can't do it anywhere else either.... this just starting happening the other day.

bd

HI Cindy,
Sorry I can't help you and I see 32 others have viewed your post and not replied so I think it is a problem that not many people have had and/or do not know a solution. I wanted to let you know that I and probably others would like to help but the best I can do right now is hope that this msg may 'freshen your hope ' a little .

Good Luck , Bob

bd

Hi again Cindy ,
I reread your posts and would guess that if you can post longer articles on other boards and others can post on php boards that you can not - the problem is not with the boards, or hardware or a general fault in your system [providing this is the only problem you are having ]- so the indication is to determine the difference between php boards and others and then look for why your system is limited in the time or quantity of data transmission to these php based boards .

If someone here who might know doesn't see this thread you might try whoever is the supplier of the php program for your board .
I hope that is a little more help (and that it is as nice a day there as it is here) :) Bob

Cindyl10

thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it. Well necessity is the mother of invention they say, lol, and I finally figured it out. It WAS the router. Got a new one and all is fine now! thank you for trying though!

bd

You're Welcome and glad you got it solved If you click on thread tools at the top of the thread page and select solved it will help others . I and others are often prompted to read a post that is marked solved to learn what did it.

Thanks , Bob

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online