1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trouble reconnecting to my Uverse router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sundance2008, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

I have been trying to connect to my 2Wire Uverse wireless router and it not going well. I had it connected and for other reasons I went into the router setup and disabled wireless, did nothing else. When I enabled wireless again (and did nothing else) I could not connect my Win 7 computer. Everything else connects just fine so I know it's not the router but this Win 7 computer.

When I click on the connections icon it shows me all the available wireless networks and the Uverse show but has a red X on it and the popup says something to the effect it's trying to connect but the connections are not the same as are in the profile or the info. has changed. I can't find where to change what needs to be changed and I don't know what needs to be changed. The network key is correct, the ssid is correct, it show up so it's being received OK.

Any direction on what to look for? Again the router and wireless connection are just fine, I have several other devices that are connecting just fine.

Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
    http://uk.tp-link.com/article/?id=281
    http://www.home-network-help.com/delete-wireless-network.html
    - Vista/Windows7:
    - delete the wireless profiles
    Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
    you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. sundance2008

That was it, thanks.

One other question while I have you.

I am trying to setup a Dlink media bridge (DAP-1513) and the ip address they give me does not connect to it when I have it connected to my computer via a network cable. They give me 192.168.0.50. Is there any way to find the ip address of this device. It doesn't show when I try ipconfig.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  5. sundance2008

Yes, it just inputs the same ip address.

6. sundance2008

I suspect someone had this before me and changed something. I'll give Dlink support a call.

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    did you try the application - that may show the IP

8. sundance2008

What app is that, I did ipconfig and it doesn't show there and I didn't see anything on the CD that came with it as far as an app to show the ip. The CD is nothing but the full manual.

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  10. sundance2008

Sorry, didn't see that. It doesn't show the bridge. I'm going to take it back and get it exchanged I think.
    Thanks for the help.

11. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Restore to Factory Default:

Reset Button

Hold the reset button for at least 6 seconds to reset the device back to the factory default
    settings. All the LEDs will turn on for 2 second and then begin the reboot process.

12. sundance2008

Already tried that when I first couldn't connect thinking it would reset it back to 192.168.0.50 but it didn't help.

13. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have run out of ideas, I think this is your only option / call d-link

14. sundance2008

15. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You've set your ethernet connection to 192.168.0.something when trying to access the device at 192.168.0.50, right? With mask 255.255.255.0?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice