Solved: Trouble reconnecting to my Uverse router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sundance2008

I have been trying to connect to my 2Wire Uverse wireless router and it not going well. I had it connected and for other reasons I went into the router setup and disabled wireless, did nothing else. When I enabled wireless again (and did nothing else) I could not connect my Win 7 computer. Everything else connects just fine so I know it's not the router but this Win 7 computer.

When I click on the connections icon it shows me all the available wireless networks and the Uverse show but has a red X on it and the popup says something to the effect it's trying to connect but the connections are not the same as are in the profile or the info. has changed. I can't find where to change what needs to be changed and I don't know what needs to be changed. The network key is correct, the ssid is correct, it show up so it's being received OK.

Any direction on what to look for? Again the router and wireless connection are just fine, I have several other devices that are connecting just fine.

Thanks

etaf

Wayne
How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
http://uk.tp-link.com/article/?id=281
http://www.home-network-help.com/delete-wireless-network.html
- Vista/Windows7:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all
------------------------------------------------------------------------

sundance2008

That was it, thanks.

One other question while I have you.

I am trying to setup a Dlink media bridge (DAP-1513) and the ip address they give me does not connect to it when I have it connected to my computer via a network cable. They give me 192.168.0.50. Is there any way to find the ip address of this device. It doesn't show when I try ipconfig.

sundance2008

I suspect someone had this before me and changed something. I'll give Dlink support a call.

etaf

Wayne
did you try the application - that may show the IP

sundance2008

What app is that, I did ipconfig and it doesn't show there and I didn't see anything on the CD that came with it as far as an app to show the ip. The CD is nothing but the full manual.

sundance2008

Sorry, didn't see that. It doesn't show the bridge. I'm going to take it back and get it exchanged I think.
Thanks for the help.

etaf

Wayne
Restore to Factory Default:

Reset Button

Hold the reset button for at least 6 seconds to reset the device back to the factory default
settings. All the LEDs will turn on for 2 second and then begin the reboot process.

sundance2008

Already tried that when I first couldn't connect thinking it would reset it back to 192.168.0.50 but it didn't help.

etaf

Wayne
I'm going to take it back and get it exchanged I think.
I have run out of ideas, I think this is your only option / call d-link

TerryNet

Terry
You've set your ethernet connection to 192.168.0.something when trying to access the device at 192.168.0.50, right? With mask 255.255.255.0?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online