1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trouble with authorizing mac for iPod touch syncing - please help!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by zackwithak7, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zackwithak7

zackwithak7 Thread Starter

After getting the newest update from Apple for my iPod touch (i think its iOS 5.something), I ran into a problem. When installing (with the device plugged into the computer), i saw the message, This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPod “Zack's iPod”. Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store? If you do not authorize this computer, 15 apps, including “Angry Birds”, and their data will be deleted from this iPod. I sure didn't want to lose my apps and high scores, so I clicked 'authorize'. It asked me to enter my Apple ID and password and so i did and then clicked 'authorize' again. It then gave me a message which said This computer is already authorized. Including this one, you have authorized 4 computers out of your available 5. When I clicked 'okay', instead of my computer being authorized it when back to the first message i mentioned in this post. I tried the process again, and the same thing happened. Is there any one who can help me with this? I really don't want to lose apps/high scores!

2. Headrush

Headrush

Unplug the iPod.
    De-authorize the computer in iTunes, under Store menu.
    Now authorize again under same menu.
    Attach iPod and see if any change.

3. zackwithak7

Will reauthorizing the computer (w/o iPod) delete the 15 apps? because they are not currently on my iPod, but in my library.

4. zackwithak7

sorry i meant de-authorizing

5. Headrush

Headrush

No de-authorizing does not modify any media/apps in iTunes.

6. zackwithak7

That worked. I had to do a few extra things though. Thank you so much Headrush!

7. Headrush

Headrush

Like?

It's alway good to post everything as it may help the next person.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1037518