1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trouble with dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rugrats-r-us, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rugrats-r-us

rugrats-r-us Thread Starter

I too have a dell and run two monitors. I had to contact Dell directly and order from them. I couldn't find one in a store anywhere in my area.

I have a problem though. I seem to be having a problem with my monitors that just started today. Now I can't get anything to load or move onto the second monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glenda

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Here's 239 video cards with two DVI connections: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=48&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=
    And 12 with two D-Sub connectors: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=48&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=
    And 266 with one D-Sub and one DVI connector: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=48&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=

You can get a DVI to VGA/D-SUB converters if you need too. DVI is used for newer digital LCD panels.

So they are very readily available.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I've also split you from the other post. Best to start your own threads.

Now what type of video card did you buy? ATI and NVidia both have their own control panels/applications to configure the cards. You can also go to Display Properties in the Control Panel and then the Settings tab to activate the second monitor.

4. rugrats-r-us

Sorry, I didn't mean to but in. Here are some specifics: ATI - I installed everything several months ago and everything was working fine until today. I checked that the diplays were installed properly and it appears that they are but although my background shows up on the other monitor nothing will load or transfer over.

Thanks

5. rugrats-r-us

I can manually move some things; when I opened ad-aware to run a scan, I was able to drag it over to the other screen but regular programs that load (outlook, IE), will not open in the 2nd monitor nor can I manually drag them over there.

6. rugrats-r-us

Problem solved at least sort of. Not sure why they won't automatically load to second monitor any more but I found that if I minimized the page then I could drag it over to the second screen. At least I can use it again even if not automatically.

Thanks

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can install ATI's HydraVision to help with that sort of thing, its available on their website.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice