1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trouble With iLivid Download Manager

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Squeezebox_McCoy, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Squeezebox_McCoy

Squeezebox_McCoy Thread Starter

Up until last week, I had the iLivid Download Manager on my Windows Vista laptop and used it regularly. Recently I installed the AdwCleaner to remove all unauthorized adware, malware, and miscellaneous junk hiding thereabouts. It was effective...too effective, and I accidentally authorized the removal of iLivid during this process.

Now, when I try to re-install it, I am blocked with a "Forbidden" page that reads "You don't have permission to access /iLividSetup.exe on this server - Apache Server at download.ilivid.com Port 80".

How can this be? And how can I get around this?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Why would you want to re-infect your computer?

3. Squeezebox_McCoy

I wouldn't be. The program is safe from what I've read and quite popular, it never caused me any trouble. It wasn't supposed to removed to start with, and I really need it this month.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Then why do most antivirus and malware programs remove it?

Also, ESET antivirus doesn't think it's safe to even visit their download page.

Attached Files:

5. hackYou

hackYou

Sorry, can t help you with your problem but iLivid is not safe, even their website is full of malware.

6. Squeezebox_McCoy

All I know for sure is that I used it for over a year, and it didn't cause my computer any trouble whatsoever. It was certainly an efficient download tool and a great video player. If anyone could recommend something similar, I'd be more than pleased.

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    iLivid isn't safe and is why it's detected and removed.

AdwCleaner is very affective at finding and removing threats, which is why I usually use it first before using other security apps when servicing a computer.

---------------------------------------------------------

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I don't use such things so I can't recommend a replacement.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice