1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trouble with NOD32 AV software

Discussion in 'General Security' started by dcannaday, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dcannaday

dcannaday Thread Starter

I decided to try out ESET NOD32 AV after reading so many great reviews, I tried the 30 day free trial, 4 days later, I am no longer protected. What happened to the 30 day free trial? Has anybody else had problems with this software? Not so sure if it is as great as it is advertised if it is going to leave me in the lurch after only 4 days into a 30 day free trial.

2. zabusant

zabusant

Hi!

NOD32 is most likely warning you that your trial is going to run out soon and so "maximum protection is not ensured". Could that be the case? If it's not, check the date/time on your PC, is it correct?

Anyway, I'm currently using it and it's pretty good (doesn't use much resources and offers good antivirus protection).

3. dcannaday

dcannaday Thread Starter

It says the trial period has expired. I downloaded it on 10-6 and installed it that day. It says I am not protected. I will probably buy it, but was wanting to try it for that 30 days first. Oh, and the date is correct on my computer. Thank you for the help though. David.

4. zabusant

zabusant

You could try reinstalling it (download it again, uninstall, restart, install, restart). Perhaps there was a problem during the installation (an existing anti virus program interfering with the installation,...).

You could also contact their support, perhaps this is a known issue. It could also be a sign of a malware infection (although less likely), were you using any anti-virus software prior to installing NOD32?

In any case, I would recommend you explore this issue further - especially if you're planning on buying it.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would try reinstall but uninstall and reboot first. I have used it for years and never seen it do that.

6. TOGG

TOGG

Have you tried Eset's online scanner, just in case you do have a some malware already installed?. It apparently uses the same definitions as the full program; http://www.eset.eu/online-scanner

The NOD32 support forum is over at Wilders Security Forums ;http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

I've also used NOD32 for years but, as I didn't actually bother with the trial period, I obviously won't have seen your problem before!

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Well I would not ordinarily use trial version either but this year it seems the "nag" screens to purchase new definitions as mu subscriptions were running out annoyed me so much I uninstalled what I had in and downloaded and installed the trial versions and then bought then bought new versions a month later to "get even"!

8. dcannaday

dcannaday Thread Starter

I took yall's advice, deleted the software, rebooted, reloaded the software. It is now showing I have my 30 days free. Thanks for all the help and sorry it took so long to get back here. David.

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

Glad you got it, why not mark this solved in the first post!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice