Solved: Trying to change boot order (Dual Booting)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robobobo

Hey Guys,

I've recently installed Windows 7 Professional on my Windows XP machine. It's installed on a partition of the same drive that XP was on.

At the boot menu when it lets you choose between the 2 OS's, it's defaulted to the Windows 7 one, and I can only get to XP if I manually choose it. I want to keep XP as the default option, but I don't appear to be able to change it (I did this before with Windows 7 RC1 without any problems)

When I got to msconfig and look at the boot configuration in Windows 7, it only shows Windows 7 as the default option. There is no other option, Windows XP doesn't show up there where it should

It's the same when I look at the boot config on XP, there's no sign of Windows 7 there!

Anyone any ideas how I can sort this out? I need to add XP to the list

Thanks

robobobo

Ok guys looks like I sorted it -

There's a great program called EasyBCD which showed both of the OS's and allowed me to sort it all out!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online