1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: trying to retrieve data

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by looniebin4, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. looniebin4

looniebin4 Thread Starter

I've got an IDE Western Digital hard drive that is from an old computer. I do have some data on it I would like to retrieve. I wanted to add it to my newer computer as a second hard drive, but it wouldn't allow me to since I have a SATA drive and no place that I could see to plug it in. What might be the easiest way to get the data? My newer computer is a Dell inspiron D530.

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

3. Hughv

Hughv

4. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Actually, I have both and they serve different purposes.

5. Hughv

Hughv

My thought is that this is a temporary situation (Old Drive) and that the adapter is much faster and simpler to use.
    Either method will work, but the adapter is much more flexible for future use.

6. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Yes, it depends on the user's intended use (or nonuse) after the data is retrieved.

7. looniebin4

looniebin4 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I've ordered the adapter because I'm hoping to just transfer the data and then be done. Both suggestions would have solved my problem. Thanks again!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/871702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice